GET INVOLVED WITH THE WATERSHED
Become a steward of the Carmel River! The Carmel River Watershed Conservancy welcomes local volunteers to help with events and opportunities as they arise. The following is a list of opportunities that may arise. If you would like to be placed on a volunteer list, please email CRWC at email@example.com
- Fish Rescues: Assist Carmel River Steelhead Association members and the Monterey Peninsula Water Management District staff in fish rescues when the river flows begin to trap or isolate steelhead. To learn about upcoming volunteer opportunities to participate in fish rescues, contact Steve Park at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Outdoor Clean-ups: Join CRWC and other local environmental groups in cleanup activities along the river and in tributary streams and creeks.
- Water Quality Monitoring: The Coastal Watershed Council (CWC) in Santa Cruz also welcomes volunteers to conduct water quality monitoring.
- Watershed Tours: CRWC is partnering with Monterey Peninsula Regional Park District to offer watershed tours in several locations along the Carmel River for a nominal fee, or gratis to school or college student groups. If you are interested in participating in such watershed tours, please join the Let's Go Outdoor listserv (in the above link), or contact Lorin Letendre at email@example.com or Abbie Beane at 503-320-4975, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Internships: CRWC periodically sponsors internships for young professionals attending college or working in the environmental field. Contact us!
- Invasive Species Abatement: Contact the Carmel Valley Association's Paola Berthoin at email@example.com.